Skip to main content

Uniformity with God's Will - St. Alphonsus de Liguori

I just finished reading Uniformity with God's Will by St. Alphonsus de Liguori.

While this book is chock full of advice and essential guidance for aligning our lives to the Will of God, the following two paragraphs were particularly enlightening for me.

"... we should be diligent in striving to become perfect, so that tepidity and laziness may not serve as excuses for some to say: “God must help me; I can do only so much for myself.” Nevertheless, when we do fall into some fault, we should not lose our peace of soul and union with the will of God, which permits our fall; nor should we lose our courage. Let us rise at once from this fall, penitently humbling ourselves and by seeking greater help from God, let us continue to march resolutely on the highway of the spiritual life ..." (page 19)

"... Above all, let us bend all our energies to serve God in the way he wishes. ..." (from the conclusion on page 21)



Communion Prayer

O Mary my Mother, I beg of thee to intercede for me.

I place myself and all my prayers, works, needs, wants, desires and intentions at thy feet.

I beg of thee to place me and them at the feet of Our Lord Jesus Christ, thy Son, Our God, as an offering of  my life to Him and as a submission of my will to His most Holy Divine Will.

For I know that coming from thee, He will look favourably upon even such an offering.

Then my dearest Mother, I beg of thee, please place them in His most holy and venerable hands.

For I know that coming from thy hands, He will have the utmost care of them and make haste to grant my petitions for love of thee.

Then dear Mother, I beg of thee, place me in the wound in Our Lord's side, as close to, if not inside, His most Sacred Heart.

For it is only in His Heart, the fount of His Love, that shall I be able to dwell in safety and security.

Amen

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Communion Prayer Author: Tradical

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it sinful to attend the Novus Ordo (New Mass) - Is it Sinful to Not Attend the Novus Ordo on Sunday?

+ JMJ A non-SSPX Catholic is upset over the SSPX statements on not attending the Novus Ordo Missae. Ladies and gentlemen, what the SSPX, or at least its website editor, is advocating is a mortal sin against the Third Commandment.  Unless the priest deviates from the language of the Sacramentary, the consecration, and thus the rest of Mass is to be considered valid.  No one may elect not to attend Mass simply because abuses are occurring therein.  Might I suggest that such absenteeism is its own abuse?  The Third Commandment binds under mortal sin.  Father So-And-So from the SSPX has no authority whatsoever to excuse attendance at Mass, be that Mass ever so unpalatable. Source:Restore DC Catholicism Well, this is interesting. First why does the SSPX issue this statement? Because it is sinful to put your faith in danger by attending a protestant service.  It is likewise dangerous to put your faith in danger by attending a protestantized mass (ie the Novus Ordo Missae

Regarding Post: Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer no longer ... now Bishop Joseph Pfeiffer (Can't see this being a problem...)

 + JMJ   I've been watching the popularity of the post about Fr. Pfeiffer's attempted episcopal consecration and its continued top listing on the 'popular posts' list at the bottom of posts.  After some thought, I decided that I don't want to be responsible for anyone joining Fr. Pfeiffer's 'group', however unlikely that would be at this time. So I have reverted the article to the draft state. If anyone wants it reinstated, I would ask that they comment on this post with a rationale for reinstatement. P^3

Morning and Evening and other sundry Prayers

+ JMJ Along the theme of P^3 (Prayer, Penance, Patience), and for my own reference ... here is a collection of Morning and Evening prayers from the Ideal Daily Missal along with some additional prayers. In this crisis of the Church, I do not think it is possible to do too much prayer, penance and have patience. P^3

The Vatican and SSPX – An Organizational Culture Perspective

Introduction The recent and continuing interactions between the Vatican and the SSPX have been a great opportunity for prayer and reflection.  The basis for the disagreement is theological and not liturgical. As noted by Dr. Lamont (2012), the SSPX theological position on the four key controversial aspects of the Second Vatican Council are base on prior theological work that resulted from relevant magisterial pronouncements.  So it is difficult to understand the apparent rejection of the theological position of the SSPX.